RWSERVE Enterprise Server Software
Keep your valuable data in-houseby Read Write Tools
Understanding web traffic is important for server performance, business forecasting, and campaign evaluation, as well as numerous other technical and business related goals.
For a long time Google Analytics has been the "go to" solution for webmasters wanting to fill this need without writing their own log analyzers. Unfortunately this means ceding control over a valuable source of information. The
rwserve-analytics software provides a secure, in-house solution to web traffic analysis.
The software can be invoked from the command line like this:
[user@host]# rwserve-analytics [options]
--since=time-valuescan log messages that occurred since this date.
--until=time-valuescan log messages that occurred until this date.
--authority=hostname,hostname,...comma-separated list of which authorities to include in the report.
--messages=option,option,...comma-separated list of which message types to monitor.
--tracking=mimetype,mimetype,...comma-separated list of which content-type mimetypes should have detailed tracking of 'coming-from' and 'going-to'.
--tabulate=keyname,keyname,...comma-separated list of logged items to stratify and tabulate.
--select=keyname:keyvalueselect all facets where the logged item with the specified key name is equal to the specified key value.
--join=keyname,keyname,...comma-separated list of logged items to capture and emit.
--resource=pathlist all facets going through this resource path.
--campaign=qs-key,qs-key,...list all facets accessed with any of these query-string keys.
--find=patternsearch for this pattern in request/response logged items.
--thread=sessionhow the visitor's path during this session, from its origin to its point of departure.
--trace=remote-addressshow all visits from a remote address.
--dump=facet-id,facet-id,...show the complete details of all logged items for the facet(s).
--output=formathow to format the output: plain text, HTML, JSON.
--argvoutput the effective argv parameters used for the report.
Refer to RWSERVE Analytics for details on these options and how to specify them.
License and availability
This tool is distributed with the RWSERVE HTTP/2 Web Server. It is not available separately.
RWSERVE Analytics Software License Agreement
Copyright © 2023 Read Write Tools.
- This Software License Agreement ("Agreement") is a legal contract between you and Read Write Tools ("RWT"). The "Materials" subject to this Agreement include the software app "RWSERVE Analytics" and its associated documentation.
- By installing, copying or otherwise using the Materials, you agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement. If you choose not to agree with these provisions, you must uninstall and delete all copies of the Materials.
- The Materials are protected by United States copyright law, patent law, and trade secret law, as well as international treaties on intellectual property rights. The Materials are licensed, not sold to you, and can only be used in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. RWT is and remains the owner of all titles, rights and interests in the Materials, and RWT reserves all rights not specifically granted under this Agreement.
- Subject to the terms of this Agreement, RWT hereby grants to you a limited, non-exclusive license to use the Materials subject to the following conditions:
- You are allowed to install the Materials on more than one computer or device, as long as the Materials will not be used on more than one computer or device simultaneously. You may make additional copies of the Materials for backup purposes only.
- You may not distribute, publish, make publicly available, sub-license, sell, rent, or lease the Materials.
- You may not extract, decompile, or reverse engineer any binary or source code included in the Materials. Your license to use the Materials is limited to its use in its original packaged format, and does not include permission to extract or use parts on a separate basis.
- Node.js License
- V8 License
- nghttp2 License
- Joezone License
- Blue Phrase Processor Software License Agreement
The terms and conditions of those third-party agreements apply to the respective intellectual property covered by those software license agreements, and do not extend to any Material owned by Read Write Tools.