One time configuration setup utilityby Read Write Tools
The installation of RWSERVE on Linux servers is accomplished with either the DNF package installer for Fedora/Redhat/CentOS/OpenSuse distros, or the APT package installer for Ubuntu/Debian distros. These handle all of the standard things: copying files to the proper directories, setting permissions, and configuring systemd.
On fresh installations, they also create a basic server configuration file in
/etc/rwserve/rwserv.conf. Proper configuration of the server requires a few adjustments to the basic config. The
rwserve-post-install utility can help with that.
The software is invoked by the package installer and executes without operator input. If for any reason the operator wants to re-run the utility, it can be invoked from the command line like this:
[user@host]# sudo rwserve-post-install
The utility customizes the generic configuration file in four ways:
/server/ip-addressis set to the server's public IPv4 address
- Three virtual hosts are configured
- One for
- One for the computer's hostname as it appears with the Linux command
hostname, something like
- One for the computer's IP address as it appears with the Linux command
hostname --all-ip-addresses, something like
16-32-64-128). These are placed in the directories
License and availability
This tool is distributed with the RWSERVE HTTP/2 Web Server. It is not available separately.
RWSERVE Post-install Software License Agreement
Copyright © 2020 Read Write Tools.
- This Software License Agreement ("Agreement") is a legal contract between you and Read Write Tools ("RWT"). The "Materials" subject to this Agreement include the software app "RWSERVE Post-install" and its associated documentation.
- By installing, copying or otherwise using the Materials, you agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement. If you choose not to agree with these provisions, you must uninstall and delete all copies of the Materials.
- The Materials are protected by United States copyright law, patent law, and trade secret law, as well as international treaties on intellectual property rights. The Materials are licensed, not sold to you, and can only be used in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. RWT is and remains the owner of all titles, rights and interests in the Materials, and RWT reserves all rights not specifically granted under this Agreement.
- Subject to the terms of this Agreement, RWT hereby grants to you a limited, non-exclusive license to use the Materials subject to the following conditions:
- You are allowed to install the Materials on more than one computer or device, as long as the Materials will not be used on more than one computer or device simultaneously. You may make additional copies of the Materials for backup purposes only.
- You may not distribute, publish, make publicly available, sub-license, sell, rent, or lease the Materials.
- You may not extract, decompile, or reverse engineer any binary or source code included in the Materials. Your license to use the Materials is limited to its use in its original packaged format, and does not include permission to extract or use parts on a separate basis.
- Node.js License
- V8 License
- nghttp2 License
- Joezone License
- Blue Phrase Processor Software License Agreement
The terms and conditions of those third-party agreements apply to the respective intellectual property covered by those software license agreements, and do not extend to any Material owned by Read Write Tools.